For more information on this person, please click on the following icons
VIAF Deutsche National Bibliothek Library of Congress
Section Editor, Author, External Referee
Section Editor for Encyclopedic Entries
Articles by Catriona Pennell
Catriona Pennell mentioned in Articles
Articles supervised by Catriona Pennell
- Bonar Law, Andrew
- Australian Naval and Military Expeditionary Force
- Barbed Wire
- Somme, Battles of
- Black and Tans and Auxiliaries
- British Expeditionary Force
- Communication Technology
- Lloyd George, David
- Haig, Douglas
- Germanophobia (Great Britain)
- Asquith, Herbert Henry
- Hundred Days Offensive
- Collins, Michael
- Pearse, Patrick
- Graves, Robert
- Sea Power
- Casement, Roger, Sir
- The Battle of the Somme (film)
- Thiepval Memorial
- Union of Democratic Control
- Brittain, Vera
- Churchill, Winston Leonard Spencer
- Ypres Menin Gate
Publications by Catriona Pennell in Bibliography
- Einhaus, Ann-Marie / Pennell, Catriona: Teaching and remembrance in English secondary schools, in: Ziino, Bart (ed.): Remembering the First World War, London 2015: Routledge, Taylor and Francis Group, pp. 74-89.
- Pennell, Catriona: 'Remembrance isn’t working'. First World War battlefield tours and the militarisation of British youth during the centenary, in: Childhood 27/3, 2020, pp. 383-398, doi:10.1177.
- Pennell, Catriona: A kingdom united. Popular responses to the outbreak of the First World War in Britain and Ireland, Oxford 2012: Oxford University Press.
- Pennell, Catriona: On the frontlines of teaching the history of the First World War, in: Teaching History 155, 2014, pp. 34-41.
- Pennell, Catriona: Presenting the war in Ireland, 1914-1918, in: Paddock, Troy R. E. (ed.): World War I and propaganda, Leiden 2014: Brill, pp. 42-64.
- Pennell, Catriona: Taught to remember? British youth and First World War centenary battlefield tours, in: Cultural Trends 27/2, 2018, pp. 83-98.
- Pennell, Catriona; Sheehan, Mark: But what do they really think? Methodological challenges of investigating young people's perspectives of war remembrance, in: History Education Research Journal 17/1, 2020, pp. 21-35, doi:10.18546.
- Einhaus, Ann-Marie / Pennell, Catriona (eds.): The empathy effect. Teaching literature about the World Wars and the Shoah, Issues in English 13 (2019).