For more information on this person, please click on the following icons
Articles by Nicholas Hiley
Nicholas Hiley mentioned in Articles
Publications by Nicholas Hiley in Bibliography
- Hiley, Nicholas: 'A new and vital moral factor'. Cartoon book publishing in Britain during the First World War, in: Hammond, Mary / Towheed, Shafquat (eds.): Publishing in the First World War. Essays in book history, Houndmills; New York; London 2007: Palgrave Macmillan, pp. 148-177.
- Hiley, Nicholas: 'Introduction' to the Imperial War Museum and Battery Press reprint of Geoffrey Malins’ 'How I filmed the war': How I filmed the war. A record of the extraordinary experiences of the man who filmed the great Somme battles, etc., London; Nashville 1993: Imperial War Museums; The Battery Press, pp. 15-50.
- Hiley, Nicholas: 'Kitchener wants you' and 'Daddy, what did YOU do in the Great War?' The myth of British recruiting posters, in: Imperial War Museum Review 11, 1999, pp. 40-58.
- Hiley, Nicholas: Sir Hedley Le Bas and the Origins of Domestic Propaganda in Britain, 1914-1917, in: European Journal of Marketing 21/8, 1987, pp. 30-46.
- Hiley, Nicholas: The news media and British propaganda, 1914-1918: Les Sociétiés Européenês et La Guerre de 1914-1918, Nanterre 1990: Université de Paris X.
- Malins, Geoffrey H. / Warren, Low / Hiley, Nicholas: How I filmed the war. A record of the extraordinary experiences of the man who filmed the great Somme battles, etc., London; Nashville 1993: Imperial War Museums; The Battery Press.