For more information on this person, please click on the following icons
VIAF Deutsche National Bibliothek Library of Congress
Melvin E. Page
Section Editor, Author
Section Editor for "Africa"
Articles by Melvin E. Page
Melvin E. Page mentioned in Articles
Articles supervised by Melvin E. Page
- Colonial Military Participation in Europe (Africa)
- Commemoration, Cult of the Fallen (Africa)
- East and Central Africa
- Historiography 1918-Today (Africa)
- Influenza Pandemic (Africa)
- Colonial Warfare and Occupation (Africa)
- Organization of War Economies (Africa)
- Post-war Economies (Africa)
- Post-war Societies (Africa)
- Post-war Colonial Administration (Africa)
- Pre-war Military Planning (Africa)
- Southern Africa
- War Aims and War Aims Discussions (Africa)
- War Losses (Africa)
- War and Colonial Finance (Africa)
- West Africa
- Bereavement and Mourning (Africa)
- Northern Africa
- Propaganda in the Colonies (Africa)
- Resistance and Rebellions (Africa)
- Between Acceptance and Refusal - Soldiers' Attitudes Towards War (Africa)
- Making Sense of the War (Africa)
Publications by Melvin E. Page in Bibliography
- Page, Melvin E.: Malawians and the Great War. Oral history in reconstructing Africa's recent past, in: Oral History Review 8/1, 1980, pp. 49-61.
- Page, Melvin E.: The Chiwaya war. Malawians and the First World War, Boulder 2000: Westview Press.
- Page, Melvin E. / Matthews, James K.: Reluctant allies. Nigerian responses to military recruitment 1914-18: Africa and the First World War, New York 1987: St. Martin's Press, pp. 95-114.
- Killingray, David: Military and labour policies in the Gold Coast during the First World War, in: Page, Melvin E. (ed.): Africa and the First World War, New York 1987: St. Martin's Press, pp. 152-170.
- Page, Melvin E. (ed.): Africa and the First World War, New York 1987: St. Martin's Press.
- Quinn, Frederick: The impact of the First World and its aftermath on the Beti of Cameroun, in: Page, Melvin E. (ed.): Africa and the First World War, New York 1987: St. Martin's Press, pp. 171-185.