For more information on this person, please click on the following icons
VIAF Deutsche National Bibliothek Library of Congress
Section Editor, Author
Section Editor for "Canada and Newfoundland"
Articles by Tim Cook
Articles supervised by Tim Cook
- Civilian and Military Power (Newfoundland)
- Commemoration, Cult of the Fallen (Newfoundland)
- Commemoration and Cult of the Fallen (Canada)
- Dominions’ Military Relationship to Great Britain 1902-1914 (British Dominions)
- French Canada and the War (Canada)
- Governments, Parliaments and Parties (Canada)
- Historiography 1918-Today (Canada)
- Internment (Canada)
- Pre-war Military Planning (Canada)
- Recruitment and Conscription (Canada)
- Science and Technology (Canada)
- Warfare 1914-1918 (Newfoundland)
- Women's Mobilisation for War (Canada)
- Women's Mobilization for War (Newfoundland)
- Warfare 1914-1918 (Canada)
- Labour Movements, Trade Unions and Strikes (Canada)
Publications by Tim Cook in Bibliography
- Cook, Tim: At the sharp end. Canadians fighting the Great War, 1914-1916, volume 1, Toronto 2007: Viking Canada.
- Cook, Tim: Clio's warriors. Canadian historians and the writing of the world wars, Vancouver 2006: UBC Press.
- Cook, Tim: Grave beliefs. Stories of the supernatural and the uncanny among Canada's Great War trench soldiers, in: Journal of Military History 77/2, 2013, pp. 521-542.
- Cook, Tim: No place to run. The Canadian Corps and gas warfare in the First World War, Vancouver 1999: University of British Columbia Press.
- Cook, Tim: Shock troops. Canadians fighting the Great War, 1917-1918, volume 2, Toronto 2008: Viking Canada.
- Cook, Tim: The madman and the butcher. The sensational wars of Sam Hughes and General Arthur Currie, Toronto 2010: Allen Lane Canada.
- Cook, Tim: Vimy. The battle and the legend, Toronto 2017: Allen Lane Canada.
- Cook, Tim: Warlords. Borden, Mackenzie King, and Canada's world wars, Toronto 2012: Allen Lane.
- Cook, Tim: Wet canteens and worrying mothers. Alcohol, soldiers, and temperance groups in the Great War, in: Histoire Sociale/Social History 35/70, 2002, pp. 311-330.