For more information on this person, please click on the following icons
VIAF Deutsche National Bibliothek Library of Congress
Section Editor, Author
Section Editor for "Australia"
Articles by Peter Stanley
Peter Stanley mentioned in Articles
Articles supervised by Peter Stanley
- Anzac (Australia)
- Art (Australia)
- Bereavement and Mourning (Australia)
- Civilian and Military Power (Australia)
- Commemoration, Cult of the Fallen (Australia)
- Conscription (Australia)
- Film/Cinema (Australia)
- Governments, Parliaments and Parties (Australia)
- Historiography 1918-Today (Australia)
- Indigenous Experience of War (British Dominions)
- Labour Movements, Trade Unions and Strikes (Australia)
- Organization of War Economies (Australia)
- Post-war Societies (Australia)
- Pre-war Military Planning (Australia)
- Press/Journalism (Australia)
- Prisoners of War (Australia)
- Propaganda at Home (Australia)
- Science and Technology (Australia)
- Social Conflict and Control, Protest and Repression (Australia)
- War Aims and War Aims Discussions (Australia)
- War Finance (Australia)
- War Losses (Australia)
- Warfare 1914-1918 (Australia)
- Women’s Mobilisation for War (Australia)
- Making Sense of the War (Australia)
- Food and Nutrition (Australia)
- Post-war Economies (Australia)
- Literature (Australia)
- Religion (Australia)
Publications by Peter Stanley in Bibliography
- Connor, John / Yule, Peter / Stanley, Peter: The centenary history of Australia and the Great War. The war at home, volume 4, Melbourne 2015: Oxford University Press.
- Garton, Stephen / Stanley, Peter: The Great War and its aftermath, 1914-22, in: Bashford, Alison / Macintyre, Stuart (eds.): The Cambridge history of Australia. The Commonwealth of Australia, volume 2, Cambridge 2013: Cambridge University Press, pp. 39-63.
- Stanley, Peter: 'He was black, he was a White man, and a dinkum Aussie'. Race and empire in revisiting the Anzac legend: Race, Empire and First World War writing, Cambridge 2011: Cambridge University Press, pp. 213-230.
- Stanley, Peter: Bad characters. Sex, crime, mutiny, murder and the Australian Imperial Force, Sydney 2010: Pier 9.
- Stanley, Peter: Digger Smith and Australia's Great War, Sydney 2011: Murdoch Books.
- Stanley, Peter: Lost boys of Anzac, Coogee 2014: NewSouth Publishing.
- Stanley, Peter: Men of Mont St Quentin. Between victory and death, Victoria 2009: Scribe Publications.
- Stanley, Peter: What did you do in the war, Daddy? A visual history of propaganda posters, Melbourne; New York 1983: Oxford University Press.
- Yule, Peter: Part 1. Economy, in: Connor, John / Stanley, Peter / Yule, Peter (eds.): The war at home. The centenary history of Australia and the Great War, volume 4, Melbourne 2015: Oxford University Press.