For more information on this person, please click on the following icons
Articles by Alan Kramer
Alan Kramer mentioned in Articles
- Discussion: Humanitarianism
- Enemy Aliens and Internment
- Historiography 1918-Today (Belgium)
- Making Sense of the War
- Moral Norms and Values
- Othering/Atrocity Propaganda
- Prisoners of War
- Prisoners of War (Belgium and France)
- Propaganda at Home (France)
- Shifts and Tensions in Ethnic/National Groups
- War Losses (Belgium)
- War Losses (France)
Publications by Alan Kramer in Bibliography
- Horne, John / Kramer, Alan: 1914, les atrocités allemandes, Paris 2005: Tallandier.
- Horne, John / Kramer, Alan: German atrocities 1914. A history of denial, New Haven 2001: Yale University Press.
- Kramer, Alan: Blockade and economic warfare, in: Winter, Jay (ed.): The Cambridge history of the First World War. The state, volume 2, New York 2014: Cambridge University Press, pp. 460-489.
- Kramer, Alan: Combatants and noncombatants. Atrocities, massacres, and war crimes, in: Horne, John (ed.): A companion to World War I, Malden 2012: Wiley, pp. 188-201.
- Kramer, Alan: Dynamic of destruction. Culture and mass killing in the First World War, Oxford; New York 2007: Oxford University Press.
- Kramer, Alan: Prisoners in the First World War, in: Scheipers, Sibylle (ed.): Prisoners in war, Oxford; New York 2010: Oxford University Press, pp. 75-91.
- Kramer, Alan: Wackes at war. Alsace-Lorraine and the failure of German national mobilization, 1914-1918, in: Horne, John (ed.): State, society, and mobilization in Europe during the First World War, Cambridge; New York 1997: Cambridge University Press, pp. 105-121.